The State of Utah’s Google domain processes nearly 13 million email messages monthly. Additionally, the state adds nearly one million files to Google Drive each month. There are nearly 150,000 shares from Google Drive with external parties and almost twice as many internal shares.
By upgrading and standardizing on Google’s G Suite Enterprise edition, DTS acquires the capability to monitor and secure the ever increasing quantities of data being stored and shared. The state also benefits from new features and enhancements.
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP) for Gmail and Google Drive provides the ability to scan email and files in Drive for sensitive data based on defined patterns.
- Information Rights Management (IRM) capabilities in Google Drive protects files from unauthorized distribution.
- Advanced audit reports and alerts
- Domain wide managed security keys to authenticate users.
New Features and Enhancements:
- Team Drives allow organizations to upload, create, or modify documents owned by the domain and not individual accounts.
- Unlimited storage for email and its contents, files uploaded to or created in Google Drive, and pictures and video uploaded to Google Photos.
- Open and edit files in their native applications without having to download files first and then upload them after. (Google File Stream)
- Host video conferences with up to 50 participants. (Google Meet)
- Dial up options to video conferences for users that don’t have video capabilities.
- Ability to record video conferences for future playback.